Tuition is assessed on a course-by-course basis and therefore payable per 3-credit course. Learners are charged half the 3-credit course rate for 1.5-credit courses. Tuition is tax-deductible in Canada.
Course Fees (from May 1, 2022)
- 3 unit credit course: $2,653.02
- 1.5 unit credit course: $1,326.51
For the Graduate Certificate in Primary Health Care, you must complete the five courses: three 3-credit course and two 1.5-credit courses (12 credits).
- Three 3-credit courses @ $2,653.02 = $7,959.06
- Two 1.5-credit courses @ $1,326.51 = $2,653.02
- Total cost of GCPHC Certificate = $10,612.08
Application Fees for GCPHC
The application process requires you to submit a non-refundable application fee of $209. Your application will not be considered complete without submitting the fee. Pay the application fee securely online.
Books and Course Materials
Typically, you will need to purchase one or two required texts for each course which range from $60-130 each. Delivery charges and applicable taxes are extra.
Your employer may be able to support you to complete the course. There may also be a number of other avenues that you can explore in order to apply for funding. The list below is included to show examples and is not exhaustive:
- UBC Awards: Scholarships and Bursaries
- Kronier Family Education Fund
- Fraser Valley Health Care Education Grant
- Rural Continuing Education Fund
- Registered Nurses Foundation of BC Bursary Program
- Health Services Association Professional Development
- SharedCare BC: Physician Leadership Training
- Lions Gate Hospital Foundation: Health Education Grants
- Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation Education Grants