The following is a summary of the steps you need to take to complete your application. If you have not done so already, review the section GCPHC Admission Requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program. Please read the following information to ensure your application is complete.
1. Submit your transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended (including transcripts from institutions attended while on exchange or institutions from which you transferred credits) – (except UBC):
- Two copies of official transcripts sent to us directly from the issuing institution. These records must be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. Please submit copies from each college and/or university you attended (or are currently enrolled). If these are not in English or French, please provide an official translation. If this requires opening a transcript, please order an extra one for yourself for this purpose. The transcripts received at UBC must be sealed by the issuing institution.
- If you are a UBC graduate we are able to access your student transcripts.
- Send documents to:
UBC Graduate Certificate in Primary Health Care
Attn: GCPHC Admissions
University of British Columbia
T325 – 2211 Wesbrook Mall,
Vancouver, BC, V6T 2B5
2. Send us the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of eligibility to practice in your discipline in your province (i.e. photocopy of current membership certificate and registration number in a college or agency that regulates practice in your discipline).
- Resume showing health care experience and relevant formal and/or continuing education that is not shown on your transcript(s).
- Cover letter with a Statement of Intent. It should be no longer than 500 words. Include your reasons for pursuing the certificate, your relevant experience in health care, and describe how this experience will enhance your ability to complete one or more credits, and transfer your new knowledge to practice in a primary health care environment.
- Send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Pay the application fee HERE